Throughout my entire life, I feel that I have been given so many things that I never deserved. Everything from a passing grade in school to receiving financial support, I always had people take care of my needs.
Why is that? Because I always knew how to treat others.
- As a student in school, I always respected the teachers.
- As an employee, I always respected my boss.
- As a friend, I always made my friends feel good.
Right now, if I need help, I know that someone will help me. My wife and I have no shortages of friends and acquaintances who would lend us a hand.
When you know how to treat others as you want to be treated, you will always have help. But if you're always making enemies, you will find yourself constantly struggling through life.
But then again, you might be a nice person -- but you're just too shy! You're that type of person who "doesn't know anybody." If you're that extreme introvert who refuses to make friends, then guess what? You would find yourself struggling through life because nobody is around to help you.
More and more I'm learning that you cannot make it in life without other people to support you. I know that I have supported people in need, and others have supported me in my needs. But if you don't have any friends, then who's going to support you?
- If I end up homeless, I know friends who would take me in.
- If I ever go hungry, I know who will give me food.
- If my car is broken and I can't fix it, I know who could.
- If I need a job, I know people who would help me get one.
- If I have a spiritual need, I know people who would help me.
Could you say the same about yourself? If you're ever in need, do you know more than ONE person who could help you? If not, then it's time to be active in making friends.
And if you already have friends, keep them! Don't let petty things break up your friendship or your relationship with other people.
If you want to work hard in life, then try to do everything by yourself. But if you want to make life easier, then seek to make friends and DILIGENTLY try to live at peace with those around you.
- Don't flip off someone on the road
- Don't cuss out the customer service rep on the phone
- Show respect to the police officer that pulled you over
- Smile at the cashier and tell him or her "Have a good day"
- Say Good Morning to the people you pass by when you're shopping
Live at peace with others. Make lots of friends. Get to know as many people as you can. If you want to be successful in finding a job, growing your business, or just finding general life's answers, it would do you good if you have as much support from others as possible!