You don't want to be given something that you can't handle now, right?
My daughter is quite an artist -- just like her daddy (yeah, I had to brag!). She is only 7 years old, but could draw detailed pictures and even draw out scenarios!
One day, we were in BJ's and showed her a serious artwork set. This set was expensive and had many tools that serious artists would use. She was excited about getting that set one day, but I told her that she can't have it now because she wasn't ready for it. Why wasn't she ready? Because:
- Her artwork was still quite "childish"
- She didn't know how to take care of the art supplies she has now
If I bought that artwork set for her now, most of those tools would be lost or broken or used up.
Same thing for you. Perhaps you think you're ready to receive a certain blessing, but don't realize that you're just not ready for it yet. If you were to get it now, you might ruin it!
Yes, we want those blessings now. But we need to understand that certain blessings come only when the receiver is able to handle them.
- You have people who got rich quickly -- and lost it all. They weren't ready for those riches.
- You have those who got married and quickly divorced. They weren't ready for marriage.
- You have those who received lots of credit -- and filed for bankruptcy. They weren't ready to handle debt.
- You have those who landed great jobs and lost them. They just weren't right for those job yet.
- You have people who became famous quickly and forgotten quickly. They weren't quite ready to get all that fame.
But when you are ready for the blessings, the blessings will stay with you as long as you're able to keep them. When you're ready for the blessings, you will know how to handle them -- and you would learn to appreciate them even more!
Now if you want to receive those blessings quicker, then you better start learning quicker. The longer it takes for us to get ready, the longer it will be until those blessings come.