Well, I have a solution that would permanently cure the "boredom disease." Are you ready for the cure? Here it goes:
Find something to do!
I'm actually serious about this! FIND something to do! Notice the emphasis on the word FIND. This means that even though there is no action coming to you, you could still be productive if you look for something to do.
Think about it...
- Do you know another language? No? Well, start learning now!
- Know how to fix cars? No? Start learning now!
- Have a backyard with no vegetation? Start planting something now!
- Overweight? Start doing some push-ups now!
- Have a computer? Always wanted to be a writer? Start writing your book now!
- Speaking of writing, start a blog now!
You see, there are PLENTY of things to do right now. You just need to find something to do.
No, there may not be any concerts in town. There are no parades, your family and friends aren't doing anything, there are no good shows on T.V., and it's raining outside. Guess what? There is still something to do -- as long as you're looking.
If you're always waiting for something to happen, then you will ALWAYS be bored! And being bored sucks!
I give you this challenge. Write down 10 things that you've always wanted to do. Now pick how many of those you could start preparing for RIGHT NOW.
- Always wanted to be a skydriver? Have an internet? Start researching on what you need to do to get started NOW.
- Always wanted to know how to do minor repairs on your car? Watch some YouTube videos and go outside to your car to start learning NOW.
- Always wanted to learn another language? Start learning the basics NOW. If you have an internet (which you obviously do if you're reading this), there are plenty of YouTube tutorial videos.
- Want to lose weight? Start doing some basic exercises at home NOW.
- Want to be a chef? Have some items in your pantry? Find out what you could make with those items NOW.
- Want to grow your own food? Do you at least have a bucket that you could fill with dirt? Start planting something NOW.
- Have dreams of being a doctor? Start learning some basic anatomy NOW.
As long as you're looking for things to do, you will NEVER be bored again.
Heck, even if you're all laid up in the hospital, you could still find something to do. Try to use your mind to get better, or learn how to meditate like the pros!
One of the things I want to teach my kids is to NEVER be bored. I would tell them that if they are bored, I WILL find something for them to do -- which is not usually pleasant. They would get up and start finding stuff to do!
No, saying "I'm bored" is not allowed in this house.
Learn to start something new, to find things to do, to make new goals in life. Otherwise, you'd find yourself bored with life.
Heck, even employers don't want to hire individuals who are easily bored. If you've ever looked for a job, one thing you'd have noticed is that a lot of employers want employees who are "self-starters" or "self-motivated." Or in other words, they want employees who won't just sit around waiting for orders! They want employees who are always staying busy, even if the tasks they're doing are very minor such as cleaning a work area, making copies, or even asking the boss if there is something they could do.
I don't care how small your town is or how limited your resources are. As long as you are looking for something to do, you WILL find something and you will NEVER be bored again. Once you start getting bored, that is when you need to look for something to do.
There is always something to improve, something to learn, or something to chase after. Look for them and say good-bye to the days where there is "nothing to do."